As with all things in life, gifting during the holiday season is all about balance. On one side, supporting ethical brands through your present buying is an important part of growing the conscious community, while on the other side, engaging in a few simple DIYs to add to the mix is a lovely way to slow down, personalize, and get crafty. A healthy mix of the two, in my opinion, makes holiday gifts the type of gifts that keep on giving
⟠ INGREDIENTS ⟠
2 Cinnamon Sticks
1 Vanilla Bean
Nutmeg (to taste)
¼ Teaspoon Cloves
1 Teabag / 1 Tablespoon of Numi Golden Chai tea
Jar of Fairtrade Organic Palm-Free Sugar
⟠ HOW TO ⟠
1. Break up the cinnamon sticks and vanilla bean into small pieces and add them, along with all the other spices, into the sugar jar.
2. Break open the tea bag (or add a tablespoon of loose) Numi Golden Chai tea to the mix.
3. Stir the sugar and the spices together so they’re blended. You may need to pour the mixture out into a dish to mix it properly.
4. Store the mixture in an airtight container for a week or two.
5. Once the spices have infused into the sugar, pour the sugar into smaller jars to gift to family and friends.